The city of Rancho Mirage, which was incorporated in 1973, is located in the heart of the Palm Springs Valley. Just 100 miles east of Los Angeles, Rancho Mirage is on the desert floor between the Santa Rosa Mountains to the south and the snow-capped San Jacinto range on the west.
With a year-round population of about 17,000, it encompasses 25 square miles and has approximately 350 days of sunshine each year.
Home to some of America’s finest golf courses, Rancho Mirage has also been called the Playground of Presidents. The first two country clubs in Rancho Mirage were Thunderbird and Tamarisk. Today, the City hosts nine country clubs.
Things to see and do in Rancho Mirage:
- Tour the former Annenberg Estate and grounds, http://www.Sunnylands.org
- Explore the wonderful hiking trails and parks
- Golf and tennis
- Lectures and events
- Enjoy the many wonderful restaurants in the area
- Explore the Ritz Carlton Hotel and Spa which re-opened in May 2014
- Discover Children’s Discovery Museum of The Desert
Rancho Mirage is a great place to visit or live.